Art galore at annual art fair

Art galore at annual art fair
CIMG1859
Student art work is displayed for fair-goers. Photo by: Caitlin Garrett

Tomorrow is the annual Arts and Technology Fair, held  in the main gym from  5:00 to 8:00 p.m. after school; its goal is to show off many students’ hard work from traditional art, digital art, metal, sewing  and wood shop classes.

CIMG1861
Sketches hang waiting to be viewed. Photo by: Caitlin Garrett

The Art Fair is a great chance to spend some free time viewing students’ work. A lot of artists put endless time and hard work into what they do, so it’s good to go and appreciate it. As well as last year, people who put such things in like photos from photography class were able to sell them for a cheap price

Some art students have received Scholastic Arts and Writing program rewards and recognition for their art this year.

CIMG1858
Posters hang around the school to advertise the art fair. Photo by: Caitlin Garrett

Many seniors have taken art classes since freshman year. As art improves over the years, it’s great to have each new art piece that they create recognized, boosting the artist’s courage and confidence. For a while during the fair, Seniors will be standing next to their stands for questions, so feel free to talk to them. They have created a short essay near their stands to explain their past and future with art.

As it’s the Senior’s final year at Susquehannock before they move to a college to pursue arts or comparable fields of study, they’re very excited for their last art fair. They plan to put the best of their art in it from over their four years of classwork.

CIMG1860
A lot of organization takes place before the fair. Photo by: Caitlin Garrett

This also will be the debut Art Fair for new art students with the intro to art classes, mostly Freshmen. By doing so they can get the feeling of having their art viewed by the public for the first time.

Come visit the Annual Susquehannock Art Fair on Wednesday to support the school’s young artists.