‘Eric and Jessie’ season attracts viewers

E!’s t.v. show Eric and Jessie started their second season of Eric and Jessie: Game On better than ever with more than 1.5 million viewers.

The first season aired less than a year ago on August 11, 2013 and was the most watched episode starring the old Denver Broncos, now New York Jets wide receiver, Eric Decker married to star country singer Jessie  since the show first started.

Last season of Eric and Jessie was all about their wedding, getting married, and a bit of Decker’s football career; viewers saw very little of James-Decker showing off her vocal talents. The second season has a completely different view into the couple’s lives; the two are expecting their first child, Vivianne, along with James-Decker recording a new E.P. and Decker’s path to the Superbowl. Eric’s best friend and former teammate Demaryius Thomas was also shown in the show’s episodes so far.

Senior Shannon Druck has been watching the show since episode one of season one.

“I love the show so much,” said Druck. “I watch every episode, and when I can’t watch it the night it is on, I make sure I record it and watch it as soon as I can.”

Along with the happily married couple, Jessie’s sister Sydney is also featured on the show; she is currently dating Broncos 3rd string quarterback Zac Dysert. Their relationship is talked about but never shown.

The show is said to see James-Decker going into labor, but the birth of the baby will not be seen because they “want to keep it private,” according to E! Online.

Junior Hailey Brooks loves Jessie James-Decker, so watching her on the show is just a plus.

“I look forward to the episodes every week,” said Brooks. “I wish it was longer than 30 minutes though; it’s nice to get to see into celebrities lives.”

Although the show may not be popular for the teacher crowd at Susquehannock, it is for the students.

Freshman Emily Christian started watching the show during the second season.

“I haven’t seen the first season, but the second season makes me want to watch it. The show combines serious events, such as childbirth and pregnancy, but we also see funny sides of the Deckers,” said Christian.

If ratings continue to rise, it will be no surprise that a third season of Eric and
Jessie: Game On will air; however, next time, Mr. Decker will be seen in a green and white jersey with the Jets instead of a blue and orange with the Broncos.