Field of Screams haunts students again

When it comes to scaring thrills and bone-tingling chills, Field of Screams can give one more fright than one can handle.

With one new attraction and three familiar, Field of Screams attractions are ready for visitors.

An area that is usually restricted is now open to pass through. The toxic village, where interesting creatures have now come to life. Photo By: Field of Screams
An area that is usually restricted is now open to pass through. The toxic village, where interesting creatures have now come to life.
Photo By: Field of Screams

The original Haunted Hayride, a 20-minute ride or terror, takes one through acres of cornfields. The first building one pulls up to will be the family of butchers at the original slaughterhouse on the property.

Senior Levi Myers shares the thrilling haunts the hayride has had in previous years.

“My favorite part of the ride was the pigs. It seems like they are from the show American Horror Story,” said Myers.

Traveling beyond the “Do Not Enter,” sign patrons are welcomed to a toxic village.

where many mysterious creatures are found. While continuing on the path, one stops at an abandoned drive-in movie theater, before having an unfortunate opportunity to meet Hillbillies. On the last stop of the hayride, the chainsaw gang will show every person their latest victims.

The second attraction is the Den of Darkness. This attraction has dark hallways,

narrow passageways, and ghoulish inhabitants. With a torture chamber, arachnophobia crypt, boiler room, and a morgue you will expect the unexpected. Continuing on one will enter through the Corridor of Corpse will be led to a doctor’s office.

Junior Michelle Schuman attended the attraction before and has attended this weekend.

“A lot of things popped out, and [it] was actually dark the entire time like the signs says, and you did not expect things to pop out when they did,” said Schuman.

Frightmare Asylum is the third attraction on the Field of Scream property and is one of the original frights everyone goes to see. Upon entering the dungeon one will begin to meet insane patients and inmates that are in every nook and cranny of the complete darkness. Patrons will make their way through the dental laboratory, and run into

clowns.

Senior Melanie Yakel has visited the sight of Field of Screams multiple times.

“I screamed so loud when I walked into the checkerboard room. It was so freaky because you had no clue where to go, and there was no chance to turn back,” said Yakel.

Next, a dentist waits upon visitor’s arrival while the devastating smell of the rotting corpses will turn visitor’s stomachs. Visitors will then head to the autopsy room, where dead things come to life, taking one to the solitary confinement chamber.

Finally, new for the 2013 season is the nocturnal wasteland haunted trail, where each and every person is derived into walking through a forest. The event takes place in the forest where the most vicious and demented human-like creatures are found. Although

The new attraction this year includes the Nocturnal Wasteland, where guests walk through woods to try to find there way out.  Photo By: Field of Screams
The new attraction this year includes the Nocturnal Wasteland, where guests walk through woods to try to find there way out.
Photo By: Field of Screams

they let patrons enter, they cannot be trusted because they will hunt visitors down as they get deeper into the wooded area.

Many guests were shocked by how exciting and thrilling the event has been, and it “just keeps getting better,” said Schuman.

“Throughout the years I have been going. Each year something new is there and more thrilling,” said Myers.

The final weekend for Field of Screams is this coming weekend. For an all scream pass, which includes all of the attractions, costs $33.00. Tickets are on sale for all events and can be bought in advance or at the door.