The ‘Gears’ of Gaming

By Unknown.Afrank99 at de.wikipedia [Public domain], from Wikimedia Commons

Gears of War Judgement is the newest installation in the Gears of War game series for the Xbox 360 with absorbing combat and a memorable plot.

The series has had three prior games, Judgement being the fourth and latest of them. It was released on March 19th, and, if pre-ordered, came with four character skins for one’s character to use. They would allow the player to customize their character, making them unique to one’s own tastes.

The Gears of War series storyline has branched out over the years, some taking place after the original and some taking place before. Judgement takes place before the original storyline, with Kilo Squad, an infantry soldier, being accused of treason for stealing an experimental technology from the government. The game follows him and several other characters as they fight to survive.

The game play is like that of the previous games, containing fast-paced action and amazing battles. The weapons range from pistols and cleavers, to high-powered guns and even launchers and cannons, which means the game play can be filled with bullets and explosions most of the time.

The game, also like its predecessors, has online gaming features. There are normal battles that have no real objective other than destroying all other players who are not on your team. Then there is a Free-For-All mode, which abolishes the teams and allows all players to attack each other without restraint.

Last, there is an OverRun mode, which features two teams who can do more than simply slaughter each other. It incorporates a class system, allowing players to be something more than just a bloodthirsty warrior. They can be engineers to fix things, medics to heal their fellow allies, and so on. It adds something new to the game, giving mayhem strategy.

The game is a must play with its amazing action, destructive weapons, and addictive gameplay. It’s a fine addition to the Gears of War series, and it will satisfy any gamer for a long time.