My experience at PSU York Campus’ offer reception

By Pennsylvania State University (Extracted from here, and converted to svg) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
Penn State Logo

Pennsylvania State University York Campus held an Offer Reception in which it invited all of its accepted students and gave them a more in-depth look at the college and how things will run.

The first fifteen minutes went well, and it consisted of shifting from stand to stand, looking at different majors they offer, as well as being informed by one of the experts of the major. The to-be-students were then gathered together to begin the presentation, which started with discussing teachers. These teachers have all taken part in the educational community, posting essays and researching different things. That’s definitely a good quality in a teacher, but it does lead one to fear they may focus more on their independent studies than on their own students, which may lead to problems for some students. If students find themselves in need of more help, there’s a free tutoring program available for all students. That’s very generous of them, considering how tutors can be rather pricey at times.

The presentation itself ran very smoothly, featuring videos, lectures, and some Q&A at the end to wrap everything up. They explained everything in detail, leaving out nothing, and whenever they did happen to forget something, they were eager to answer questions and clear it all up.

The staff explained how they offer internships in most of their classes, and how important that is in the working world. They also showed all who attended the clubs that we will be able to join and how we can create our own as long as we have four other students and a staff member to watch over it.

A tip for all who choose to attend an Offer Reception from their chosen college- bring something to write on and something to write with. One will find themselves bombarded with a lot of information over a short period of time. Dates for events and requirements will be presented every few minutes and memorizing them all is hard to do with so much going on.

In any event, Penn State’s Offer Reception went wonderfully, and if I had any doubts about attending it, they would be gone now, with free tutoring, a smart, involved staff, and many clubs; not only will I enjoy it, but I’m sure many others will as well.