‘Hips don’t lie’…neither do I.

“The Voice” has returned for a fourth season with new artists, new coaches, and a new attitude.

The previous season’s participants have been coached by famous artists, such as: Maroon 5 front man Adam Levine, Country star Blake Shelton, former Mickey Mouse Club singer Christina Aguilera, and singer- songwriter Cee Lo Green.

However, Aguilera and Green have left the show for the new season and have been replaced by Latin- American Grammy winner, Shakira, and the original Belieber, Usher.

During past seasons, it has been completely normal for some competition between the coaches, especially between Levinee and Shelton; however, the new coaches bring a different element to the show.

Shakira’s upbeat and bubbly personality is a good way to counteract the competitiveness of Shelton and Levine. Usher, on the other hand, acts as the middle ground between the other coaches.

All in all, the coaches seem to get along well, and the format of the show appears to be a point of interest for watchers. The Voice is set up differently than other talent shows in that the contestants are judged solely on their voice, rather than their appearance. American Idol, on the other hand, is set up so that the judges see the contestants before hearing them sing. (Who can forget Simon’s criticism of female contestants’ sizes?)

Also, The Voice has judges compete to have contestants on their teams, in which they will individually coach each contestant. After auditions are over and each coach has 12 contestants, they coach them and have battle rounds. The battle rounds have contestants from each coach’s team paired up against other coaches’ teams.

The new coaching additions, along with keeping Shelton and Levine, create a team of judges that make it obvious they want the best for each participant and their career. Each judge is willing to lose the opportunity of having an amazing singer on their team if it means the singer will have a coach that is better suited for their voice or genre of interest.

The Voice has wowed viewers in past seasons; however, it is clear based on the auditions of this season that it will be as great or even better than before for the upcoming season.

Sources:

-http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/about/