Basketball players receive ‘All Star’ recognition

Photo By: Danny Chambers

Forward Shannon Druck prepares to post-up in the paint.
Photo By: Danny Chambers Forward Shannon Druck prepares to post-up in the paint.

Senior Tyler Brooks and junior Shannon Druck have both been dubbed All Stars for their respective basketball teams.

Photo By: Danny Chambers

An All Star athlete is one of the top players in a certain sport, and they are recognized for their outstanding performance and accomplishments.

Brooks was ecstatic when he heard the good news.

“I was excited. I knew all of my hard work had paid off,” Brooks said.

It takes years of hard work and practice to gain this honor. Druck explained the lessons and qualities she has adopted in order to reach this level of athleticism.

“Hard work pays off,” said Druck. “The harder you work, the luckier you get.”

Brooks cited frequent practice as vital in his athletic career.

“Put the extra time in; you’ll be better,” Brooks said. “Put in the extra work; you’ll play better.”

He explained that success does not only come from the athlete’s work, but also from everyone who helps in the process. Brooks appreciates those who helped him become an All Star over the last four years, specifically citing Coach John Zerfing.

Druck greatly appreciates her team and coaches and their contributions to her success.

“Caring about your teammates [is important] because they’re the ones there to help you out,” Druck explained.

Both teams hope to have two or more All Stars next year as well.