‘Abbey Road’: An album everyone can relate to

Abbey Road is probably the most recognizable and iconic album ever released by The Beatles. The two-sided record is the 11th studio release by The Beatles, featuring hits such as “Come Together,” and “Here Comes the Sun.”

The record’s sound tested their fan base’s  preference for heavy guitar work, and it seemed to work. The album has sold an impressive 12 million copies and the number is still growing.

Senior Paul Orndorff is fond of the album.

“This album is good stuff. I listened to it a long time ago,  and I believe it has a song everyone can relate to,” said Orndorff. “I think the style is pretty awesome the way they go out on a high note.”

Some of the less known tracks on the album are “The End” and “Golden Slumbers.”

Those two songs are very short, spanning around a minute or two. “The End” is the last song recorded by all four Beatles.

Beatles enthusiast senior Matt Noel also feels many can relate to the album’s tone.

“The Abbey Road was one of their experimental albums. I like ‘Here Comes the Sun;’ the tune is happy,” said Noel. “I give the album a 50% [in terms of how well-known they are] in this school. I think everyone can relate to it just because it’s ‘The Beatles.’”

Fans of The Beatles can also appreciate the contributions each band member put into the tracks and some of the lesser known facts of the album.

One fact rarely known about the album cover is its hidden meaning. Paul McCartney not wearing shoes is supposed to represent a corpse. Harrison in front of him represents the grave keeper, and Lennon, dressed in white, is the priest. The whole setup is a funeral procession for the rumor that McCartney had died.

Overall, The Beatles’ sound in  Abbey Road is one that everyone can enjoy due to some of the band’s old clean-cut sound, while still incorporating some heavier musical elements in the record. Everyone has listened to at least one song from the experimental beatnik musicians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_is_dead