Girls Cradle Hopes for Next Season

By Kyle Joy, Reporter

Sophomore Rachel Oestrike runs the ball down the sideline to get close enough to take a shot. Oestrike was chosen for a second team attacker for the YAIAA girls lacrosse all-star team. Photograph by Stephanie Graffin

The new season for girls lacrosse is already here.

Players, such as junior Rachel Oestrike, are very excited about this season and some even think it will be one of their best seasons. 

Oestrike said, “Last season we had a relatively young team, so I think this year we will be even better than last year.” 

Senior Kenna Hancock breaks away from an opposing defender. Kenna finished the game with four goals. She was named to the YAIAA all-star team as a first team attacker for the 2019 season. Kenna will be attending University of Cincinnati to play NCAA Division 1 lacrosse.
Photograph by Stephanie Graffin

She added that the team lost two key players, previous goalie Sam Mcguire and previous player Kenna Hancock.

“We will also have a better team atmosphere and create stronger relationships with each other, which will help us work together on the field,” said Oestrike. 

Freshman Emma Knull has played lacrosse for a long time and is excited for her first year on the team. 

“Lacrosse can be frustrating at times, but playing with your team is the best part,” said Knull.

Knull is excited about the season and believes there is a lot of potential within the upperclassmen. 

The Warriors have off-season games on Saturdays at Spooky Nook to prepare for the upcoming spring season. 

Hannah Mummert had a dominant senior year in lacrosse.