Awards show styles help out for prom picks

With the Golden Globes, Grammys, and Oscars all within a month of each other, stars are showing up to the red carpet with incredible gowns, all sparking the interest of prom goers.
On January 13, the Golden Globes premiered with funny gals Tina Fey and Amy Poehler as the awards show’s hosts. On the red carpet Fey wore a custom flower patterned black and white dress, while Poehler pulled off a Stella McCartney pant suit with a plunging neckline.
Many were in awe at Jennifer Lopez’s revealing cream lace gown made by Zuhair Murad. Although the skin tight number may be a little inappropriate for a school prom, many can take pieces of this gorgeous style and incorporate them into their own dress.
Lace like the lace on J-Lo’s dress adds a classy flare through its form fitting style, achieving an all around “wow factor.”
Sharing the same first name as Lopez, but a wearing a very different style,  was Jennifer Garner. Garner wore a red, strapless Vivienne Westwood gown. It featured small sequins throughout granting just the right amount of shimmer to compliment the bright hue.
Sticking to the simple smooth and sleek fit of this Vivienne Westwood gown is smart since it is excellent for nearly all body types.

Sleek style with this green shimmery dress from Renaissance Bridal. Photo By: Allison Novak

Nearly a month after the Golden Globes, the Grammy Awards showed on February 10 where dozens of stars rocked the red carpet for the music industry’s biggest night.
Just one week following her incredible halftime show at the Super Bowl, where she wore a revealing leather body suit, Beyonce opted for a more sophisticated look on the red carpet.
She sported a sleek OSMAN jumpsuit instead of one of her go-to-gowns many stars associate her with.. The geometric separation of the black and white on her top created a lot of interest. Beyonce proved that one can look great without trying too hard. When searching for a prom dress this is a great motto to remember; less is more.
Pop music sensation Rihanna stunned many by stepping away from her usual “bad girl” style with an elegant crimson gown. Her Azzedine Alaia number accentuated her torso with an interesting layering of light fabric. Rihanna’s choice helps one to realize that prom could be a chance to jump out of one’s comfort zones to embrace one’s inner beauty.

Have fun with this peachy hue at Renaissance Bridal. Photo By: Allison Novak

The most recent awards show, the Oscars, premiered at the end of February on the 24th.
This year’s hottest star, Jennifer Lawrence, went for a dramatic and romantic turn with a blush gown with a voluminous skirt. Featured in the Dior Spring 2013 runway, this Christian Dior dress was fitted to her top half beautifully and added a soft touch with its colored drop-waist. She glowed in this blush number, featured in the Dior Spring 2013 Couture runway.
Despite the glory of her appearance, Lawrence accidently tripped while walking up to receive an award. One must remember that practicality is an important aspect in choosing a dress for any occasion.

Take a risk with this gorgeous gown at Renaissance Bridal. Photo by: Allison Novak

Seeing Hollywood’s hottest stars at these red carpet events is not only a fun and interesting way to spend a Saturday night, but it can be used to one’s advantage as they present various style options with  practicality and color, helping one become inspired when thinking about purchasing a dress for prom.