Spice up your Spring

Back to Article
Back to Article

Spice up your Spring

Waterfalls are able to be seen at Tucquan Glen Nature Preserve. Photo courtesy of Wikimedia commons

Kylee Galante, Reporter

Spring has arrived, which means that there are lots of great opportunities to get out and do something fun.

Here are some fun ideas to spice up your spring.

• Hiking

If you’re looking for a fun activity to get outside with some friends, then hiking would be a great way to go.

Tucquan Glen Nature Preserve is a great place to go hiking.

All you’ll need to be aware of is the chance of getting wet, so it’s suggested to bring an extra set of clothes.

At Tucquan Glen Nature Preserve, you get to climb over rocks, fallen trees, and even across rivers.

Here are some important details that go into activity.

1. Cost: Completely Free
  2. Location: Tucquan Glen Nature Preserve is located at 800 River Rd Holtwood, PA 17532 and is approximately a 47 minute drive from New Freedom.
  • Go to the Movies

Frank Theatres is a great place to go due to the wide variety of movies you could see.

If you’re looking for a romance, then you could see “Five Feet Apart”; however, if you’re more of a comedy lover, then “Madea’s Family Funeral” may be the movie for you.

Here are some important details that go into this activity.

1. Cost: Each movie is  $10 per person and can be purchased online or at the door.
  2. Location : Frank theatres is located 2067 Springwood Road Queensgate, Stadium 13, York, PA 17403 and is approximately 23 minutes from New Freedom.
  • Mini-Golf

Ye Olde Ice Cream Shoppe and Putt Putt is a fun place to play some mini-golf and enjoy some ice cream with your friends or family.

1. Cost: It costs $7  for adults to play and $6 for kids under 12.
  2. Location: It is located at 2700 Mt Rose Ave, York, PA 17402 and is approximately a 25 minute drive from New Freedom.
  3. When: It opens at 10 a.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
  • Laser tag and Bowling

Laser Alleys is a great place to play laser tag and go bowling all in the same place.

1. Cost: $4.75 per game of bowling, $12 for a lane from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., $15 for a lane from 5 – 10 p.m., shoes are $3.50, and laser tag is $6 per game or $15 for three games.
  2. Location: Laser Alleys is located at 3905 E Market St, York, PA 17402 and is a 33 minute drive from New Freedom.
  • Roller Skating

Roll ‘R’ Way is a skating rink where you can skate in the dark with lots of lights and music playing.

1. Cost: Thursday it costs $3.50, and Saturday and Sunday would cost $5.75.
  2. Where: Roll ‘R’ Way Family Skating Center is located at 940 Vander Ave, York PA and is about a 26 minute drive from New Freedom.
  3. When: It is open Thursday from 6:30- 8:30 p.m., Friday from 7-10 p.m., which is also the only night offering glow skates, Saturday 1- 5 p.m., and Sunday 8-10:45 p.m.

If you are looking for something fun to do, then maybe one of these activities can fit into your schedule over spring.

About the Writer
Kylee Galante, Reporter

Junior Kylee Galante is a first-year reporter who is interested in covering sports. She enjoys running and is part of the cross country, indoor track and...