Track & Field Information
January 2, 2019
Are you interested in signing up for track and field. Coach Webster will be here at SMS during lunches on Thursday, January 10th.
- Head Coach: John Webster (sprints & jumps) [email protected]
- Assistant Coach: TBD (throwing)
- Assistant Coach: Jill Steines (distance)
- Assistant Coach: Laura Maxwell (sprints)
- Track practice is M-F 3PM to 5:15PM starting Monday, March 4 thru May 11
- 6 dual meets held on a week day afternoon
- 2 Invitational’s – Herb Schmidt Relays (Friday April 5) & New Oxford Inv (Sat May 11)
- There will be an activity bus available for those who need a ride home from practice. Please sign up in the morning your student would like to ride the bus. Sign up is located in the Main Office.
- Required paper work may be picked up at the middle school.
- Running events: 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 meter runs, 100/110 hurdles, 4×100, 4×400 relays
- Jumping events: long jump, high jump Throwing events: shot put, discus
- No tryouts or cuts — everyone participates.
- No costs to participate — uniforms provided.
Here is the schedule thus far:
|4/5/2019||Herb Schmidt Relays||Away||Friday||3:30PM|
|5/11/2019||New Oxford Invitational||Away||Saturday||8:00AM|