Boys Soccer Ties for Division Champs, Competes in Districts

Christian Slaton, Reporter

The game on Oct. 18 decided if the varsity soccer team would head to the championship or to districts.

The Warriors won 1-0, and the only goal was scored by senior Ben Wilson.

Gettysburg put some shots on goal as well, but senior captain goalkeeper Griffin Kaifer did not let anything through.

Susquehannock played against West York on Oct. 20 to see who took home the division title.

The Warriors wanted this win more than anything in order to see the division championship once more.

The coach, Brett Maxwell, has seen player performance improve.

“We have been playing better soccer and have improved throughout the season,” said Maxwell.

When the Susquehannock team went to the championship against West York it ended with a draw in overtime.

The game was stopped due to inclement weather.

The coach and the players understandably had mixed feelings on the game.

”The players were disappointed, but I am just happy to get out of there healthy so we can start prepping for districts,” said Maxwell.

The boys are now co-champions of the division with West York.

In the first round of Districts the boys played against East Pennsboro and won 4-0 with two goals by junior Nolan Holloway and  junior Greyson Murray.

The second district game against West York resulted in a 1-0 loss on Oct. 25, ending the season.

About the Writer
Christian Slaton, reporter

Freshman Christian Slaton is a first year reporter for the Courier and is excited to write some stories. He likes to play baseball and watch football....