Susquehannock Student to Perform in the 2018 Pennsylvania Music Educators Association All-State Vocal Jazz Ensemble

February 14, 2018

Susquehannock choral student Brendan Paules.

Susquehannock High School choral student Brendan Paules recently earned a spot in the 2018 Pennsylvania Music Educators Association (PMEA) All-State Vocal Jazz Ensemble. This is the third consecutive year that Paules has qualified for the ensemble.

The PMEA All-State Vocal Jazz Ensemble is made up of 24 voices. The student’s audition must place them in the top 4 of their voice part in order to be selected. “Brendan earned an overall score of 77.7/90 which earned him first place in his voice part and a spot in the ensemble,” said Susquehannock Choral Director Jay Althouse. “This is the second year in a row that Brendan placed first across all “middle males” that auditioned across the state of Pennsylvania,” Althouse said.

This spring, Paules is participating in the PMEA Regional Choir and the District Jazz Ensemble as well as the All-State Jazz Festival. “The audition process was easier to go through this year as I knew what to expect,” said Paules. “I really look forward to enjoying the festival this year,” he said. Paules plans to continue his education after graduation and participate in a vocal organization while in college.

The PMEA All-State Jazz Festival will take place April 9 – 22, 2018 in Lancaster, PA.  It will be held in conjunction with the PMEA Annual In-Service Conference.