Susquehannock High School Selected to Host PMEA District 7 Chorus Festival

December 21, 2017

The Pennsylvania Music Educators Association (PMEA) announced that Susquehannock High School will host the PMEA District 7 Chorus Festival on January 25-27, 2018. This year’s festival will host 223 students from 68 schools. The guest conductor for the event is Dr. Caron Daley, Director of Choral Activities and Assistant Professor of Music at the Mary Pappert School of Music at Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA.

Susquehannock Director of Choral Music Jay Althouse will be the festival host. A public concert will be held on Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. in the Dr. Richard D. Hupper Auditorium at Susquehannock High School, 3280 Fissels Church Road in Glen Rock, PA. Tickets will be available at the door, and prices are $8.00 for adults and $5.00 for students.  For more information on the event, please contact Jay Althouse at [email protected].

PMEA is a state-wide nonprofit organization which supports and promotes quality music education, learning, and performance as well as promoting music education in our schools and communities. It is affiliated with the National Association for Music Education (NAfME).