FBLA hosts annual Dodgeball Tournament

Photo By: See page for author [http://www.marines.mil/unit/basec
amppendleton/PublishingImages/200
6/grab.jpg], via Wikimedia Commons
Enjoy a day of fun at FBLA’s annual dodgeball tournament!
 The Future Business Leaders of America club (FBLA) will host its annual Dodgeball Tournament starting at 4:00 PM after school in the main gym of the high school, on Friday, February 22.
   Admission is $2 per person with the money going to the FBLA.
   Senior president of the club Tim Frey hopes to use the money to help fund other activities.
   “We will probably use [the money] to start other FBLA events like the Washington Wizards business trip and for the coffee shop to hopefully buy something that could help out the school,” said Frey.
   FBLA will also have food and refreshments donated from sponsors at the dodgeball tournaments. Senior Krystal Rose is excited about the sponsorships.
   “We have sponsors like Spataro’s and maybe Sons of Sicily that will hopefully be providing food for the tournament,” said Rose.
   FBLA has put in a lot of time and work to coordinate the dodgeball tournament. Along with going around town to get sponsors for the games, they have also planned to advertise the tournament to the student body.
   “We have made some commercials trying to get the word out to get a lot of people involved,” said Rose. “They will

The tournament will be held in the main gym on February 22.

start playing in the next week or so.”

There will be a total of 24 teams playing. There can be 6-8 people per team, with 6 people playing at a time. Teams advance based on a bracket system.
   “There will be a round of pool play with the top teams in each pool advancing to a single elimination bracket,” explains Frey.

The FBLA’s goal is to bring the school community together in a fun, safe manner to promote the unity of the student body.

“It’s a fun event. It definitely brings different cliques of our school together,” said Rose. “It brings more unity to the students.”

FBLA also hopes to get students interested in their club.

“We were a huge success last year, and it’ll be really fun both for students participating and watching,” explains Frey. “It’s a really fun way to help get the students excited about things going on in the school and hopefully interested in joining FBLA.”

Every year, the tournament is always a crowd pleaser.
The 5 D’s of dodgeball can help students with their technique!

“Last year we had so many people come,” explains Rose. “It was huge! I think we will have more people this year because so many people know about it already.”

FBLA asks for support as they raise money to improve their club and our school on Friday, February 22.