SMS December Principal’s Message

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving break and had some time to rest and relax with family and friends.  We had several events during the month of November that I wanted to recognize and give thanks.

I wanted to congratulate all the students that participated in the Spelling and Geography Bees.  All of the students worked very hard in preparation for the finals for each of these events.  Congratulations to Colin B. for being our Spelling Bee Champion and Olivia N. for being our Geography Bee Champion.  Good luck to all of the participants that are eligible for the regional/state level competitions.

I want to thank all of the parents that attended SMS’s American Education Week visitation.  We had 73 visitors in our buildings during the two day visitation.  I also want to thank all of the parents that attended parent-teacher conferences.  We had a total of 204 Parent-Teacher conferences over the two days of conferences.  I am thankful that we had such a great turnout for the American Education Week visitations and Parent-Teacher Conferences.

Finally, I am thankful for the 20 plus Veterans that attended our Student Council’s first Veteran’s Day Appreciation on November 10th.  This event was developed by our students as a means to thank our local Veterans for their service.  It was clear that the veterans in attendance were thankful for our students recognizing them.  

December will be a very busy month.  I am including several important dates:

• December 5th-December 6th: Keystone Exam Re-takes
  • December 13th: SMS Chorus and Orchestra Concert in the SHS Auditorium @ 7:00 pm
  • December 19th: SMS PTSO Fundraiser Trip to Ravens Stadium (for any student selling 9 or more items)
  • December 22nd: SMS PRIDE Reward Activity
  • December 22nd:  Winter Semi-Formal Dance held at SMS Cafeteria

Finally, the middle school will be using a new phone system.  Below are the new extensions for the middle school office staff.

Dr. Reppert, Principal – 3500

Mrs. Shick, Assistant Principal – 3510

Mrs. Hall – School Counselor (Last Names L-Z) – 3522

Mr. Katz – School Counselor (Last Names A-K) – 3523

Mrs. Kirby – School Nurse – 3515

I hope everyone has a wonderful month of December.  If you have any questions and/concerns regarding your child’s grades, etc., please be sure to reach out to their teacher.  We will do everything we can to assist you!

Dr. Reppert