Susquehannock Welcomes Back Class of 1967

October 5, 2017

The Susquehannock Class of 1967 recently took a guided tour of its alma mater, Susquehannock High School, as part of their 50th class reunion.

There were approximately 30 alumni in attendance for the tour which was led by the Susquehannock Alumni Association. The alum traveling the most distance for the event was AFS student John Willis from New Zealand.  John presented Susquehannock High School with a plaque which depicts symbols representing his native country.  The color of the plaque represents New Zealand pāua (abalone), the unfurled fern stands for new beginnings, and the kiwi bird is a symbol of New Zealand.

The group was able to see the high school campus and its changes which occurred since they graduated.  A big change for the graduates was the District’s 1:1 computer program that Susquehannock High School and Southern Middle School students are now experiencing. The program provides the students equity to collaborate with other students and teachers at school and at home.

The alumni were also impressed by the artwork displayed throughout the school, including many murals in the high school as well as the ‘Only One You’ mural created by District elementary students and staff in the District Administration Building.

Thank you to the Susquehannock Class of 1967 for making us Warrior Proud!

Pictured in the upper photo, front row: Jeff King, Jack Kroh, John Willis, Ronald Combs, and John Fay.  Second row: Judy Forbes Ellison, Janice Kroh Murdough, Pamela Thoman Salsgiver, Peggy Wagner Fay, Deb Klinefelter Bauman, Judy Krug Kroh, Diane Bostic Seitz, Judy Brenneman Sweitzer, Barb Shaffer Doran, Dorothy Heindel Stermer, Steve Grove, Linda Gilbert Reider. Third row: Susan Kapp Crawford, Dick Kidd, Kermit Gladfelter, Ronald Johns, Elaine Weaver Johns, Sue Coker Duvall, Delores “Dee” Grove White, David Albright, Kent Rohrbach, and Ronald Shaulis.

Pictured in the lower photo, front row: Pauline Wilcox Forry, Sandy Cowher Koicuba, Pat Laughman, Judy Bare Klinedinst, Janet Heathcote, and Jane Hoffman Smith. Second row: Lamar Wolfgang, Bruce Bauman, Ed Hamme, Paul Boldosser, Jane Glatfelter Payne, Darlene Diehl Tanner, Dennis Bupp, Dale Klinedinst, Eugene Smith, and John O’Keefe. Third row: Kenny Trump, Dennis Baughman, Donna Stermer Becker, Barry Dubbs, Alfred Boyd, Kermit Gladfelter, Jeff Jones, Darvis Bradfield, and Neal Panzarella.

Above: Class of 1967 Alum John Willis of New Zealand presented the school with a plaque representing his country.

Below: The color of the plaque is inspired by the New Zealand pāua (abalone) shell.