Resolve to not quit in the new year

Obviously one cannot remove or forget the past, but they can make the future how they want it.
The new year is not just the beginning of the next year in history, but a new start to life, a chance to start over.    A resolution is a change, something many people hate. It is something drastic that needs to be done to improve life. Unfortunately, the nature of most people is lazy and things don’t get done how they should.

Many people just see a resolution as a New Year’s tradition that doesn’t mean much, just something fun to fantasize about.

The definition of a resolution is an intention, decision, or plan that one is committed to accomplishing. A resolution should be a commitment; otherwise, all it is is another goal that’s thrown on the back burner with the others. One should be determined to accomplish a resolution as if it pays the bills.

New Years eve fireworks. Photo By Ernst Vikne via Wikimedia Commons

Some examples of more common or worthy resolutions could be quitting smoking or drinking. Setting a long term goal like saving for a year in order to go on a nice trip or backpack through Europe is also a great option. There are many resolutions possible, and not all of them have to be extreme.

People may say that they are going to follow through with their resolution this year, but many do not.
There are those few who are determined because they know it has to be done. They have an aim or plan that they are determined to accomplish.
A resolution is really a kind of “super” goal and should make one determined to accomplish something awe-inspiring  that otherwise would stay the same.
Make sure you follow through on your resolution; start 2013 off right.