Seniors Dream about the Future

Seniors prepare for graduation that will be held Friday, June 2.

By Kelcie Baker, Reporter

After receiving their caps and gowns, it is no secret that seniors are excited to move on from high school. The class is filled with a lot of students that have big dreams for the future. Here are ten students that answered the questions of why they’re ready to graduate and what their future plans are.

The seniors will soon be able to sign the mural on the wall to solidify their place in the graduating class of 2017. Photo by: Kelcie Baker.

“I am ready for the freedoms that being graduated give me and the opportunities that college has to offer as I
pursue educational goals. I want to graduate from college debt free.” -Luke Peters

“I would like a change of scenery and am eager to start the next chapter of my life. Once I graduate, I plan on handling my freedoms wisely and working hard to successfully accomplish my future goals within my career path.” -Rachel Stockslager

“I have tried to prepare myself by taking courses like AP classes to prepare myself for college courses. I plan to go to Penn State main campus for biomedical engineering.” -Andrew Senft

“[I am] ready to experience all that the world has to offer without worrying about limitations that are put on us as high schoolers. I plan to major in graphic design in college.” -Wesley Juarez

“I feel like I have been prepared for college through high school so I am excited to move on. I am going to major in English at the University of Pittsburgh.” -Abby Deter

“I am ready to graduate because I am excited to start a new chapter of my life in Pittsburgh. I am looking forward to studying accounting at the University of Pittsburgh and fulfill my dream of protecting our nation as an employee of the FBI.” -Yulia Houseal

This year’s seniors look forward to being able to throw their caps in the air. Photo by: sycsd.org

“I’m ready to move on and grow up, take on some new experiences in my life. I’m most likely going to Penn State to major in political science and hopefully continue into law.” -Michael Koval

“I’m ready to go out on my own and be responsible for myself. In the future, I plan to be a fireman.” -Bryan McGillin
“I’m excited because I want to focus more on my intended career path. I’m planning on majoring in music at Towson University.” -Gino Palma