Club Hockey Shoots for Rothrock Cup

Warrior players wait for the puck to come their way.

Madison Gillespie

By Madison Gillespie, Sports Editor

Students from Susquehannock participated in the Central Pennsylvania Interscholastic Hockey League Tier III championships on Saturday, March 4.

The club hockey team, made up of students from Susquehannock, Kennard Dale, Dallastown, and Red Lion areas, competed against MSMCC United.

However, the team came up short and ended up losing the game by a score of 6-4.

Senior and right forward Bryan McGillin thought that it was an honor to play in the championship game.

“It just felt great because, being a senior, we are a huge part of the team, we are a huge reason why we got to the championship. It felt great to play in my last year, and we got to do that,” said McGillin.

While the end result of the game may have been a disappointment, the team finished with the outstanding record with a total of 12 wins and only 4 losses since the season started in early November.

As a senior McGillin said that playing the game would be one of the things that he would miss the most.

“I think that we played a great game it was just that we were short handed on people,” said McGillin on how the game went.

The team would also like to thank all fans that had a chance to come out to one of the club hockey games this year for their support.