Holiday Paradise- Where to Go

Christmas is just around the corner, but some people are going around the world to celebrate it.

There are numerous places people may go in the winter whether for vacation, Christmas, or just to get away from all the Christmas music that plays non-stop.

One of the more popular locations people choose is the Caribbean.

The Caribbean is known for its beautiful white sand, its crystal clear water, and the peace and quiet some people may need a fresh breath of.

Among these islands is Turks and Caicos, the prime winter getaway spot. This paradise is not all that far away, although it may seem like an entirely new world.

Another prime vacation spot is Hawaii, specifically Big Island.

The water off the coast of Hawaii. Photo By hdwallpapers.in  via Wikimedia Commons

Why not go to a location during winter season where winter doesn’t exist. There is the year round warm weather, and if that isn’t enough, there are multiple volcanoes to explore, along with the same great beaches just like the Caribbean.

Lastly, a place some people may not think of is Mexico. It may be a little less safe than the resorts in the Hawaii or the Caribbean, but it’s quite the adventure.

There are numerous things one could do in Mexico, like walk the streets of Tijuana and swim with sharks and whales off the Baja peninsula.

All these places thrive with culture, adventures, and new experiences, but mainly they are a getaway from the overwhelming holiday season.

Senior Lee Viado may not be going to Hawaii, but he is going to the American continental version; Florida.

Viado’s family is starting a new tradition where every year his family in the U.S. and from all over the world comes together in Florida to celebrate the Holiday.

“Christmas is always special with family,” said Viado, “But it’s even better when family from all over the world comes.”

Viado and his family will begin in Orlando where they will spend time at Universal Studios and Disney World.

On Christmas day, the Viados will be at a Miami Heat basketball game to celebrate the day, and be back home for New Years.

For many people, this Holiday season will be spent in a tropical paradise, while others are happy spending it at home with family.