Susky Girls Prepare for the Lax Season

The+Girls+Lacrosse+team+prepared+for+the+season+by+doing+drills%2C+running+and+team+bonding+activities.+

Photo by: @SuskyGLax on Twitter

The Girls Lacrosse team prepared for the season by doing drills, running and team bonding activities.

By Kelcie Baker, Reporter

The girls lacrosse team has been working hard to prepare for a successful season in the spring. Their main form of preparation is with their indoor team where they have been undefeated so far in the season.

The team has been working hard since the beginning of the year with workouts and indoor training.

Junior Kelly Porter has been working with the team to get ready for their upcoming season.

“We’ve been having workouts three times a week for the past couple of months… our coaches have been conditioning and working us hard,” said Porter. “We also have an indoor team that the majority of our girls play for, and that’s been giving us a lot of good practice together as a team.”

Not only do they work hard together, but they also have fun while doing it. The girls enjoy working together as a team to have great games.

Junior Michaela Elsen is excited to be playing on the field with her best friends.

“I’m really excited for the potential of our team… with three new coaches we should have a new dynamic” said Elsen. “But I’m most excited about playing the sport I love with my best friends.”

The girls are training hard to prepare for the season. Photo by: @SuskyGLax

The girls on the team are all very dedicated to their sport. They all work together to make sure the team is the best that it can be.

Freshman Sam McGuire considers her team to be family.

“I play lacrosse because I couldn’t really imagine my life without it,” said McGuire. “Although I just transferred [here], the girls and coaches have been so nice and welcoming… it’s like gaining another family that I know will always have my back.”

The girls lacrosse team has been working hard for another winning season. Come and support them at their games when their official season starts in March.