Susquehannock Students Advance to Pennsylvania Music Educators Association Region V Chorus

January 20, 2017

Brendan Paules and Julien Sherman at the PMEA District 7 Chorus Festival.

Two Susquehannock High School choral students performed recently at the Pennsylvania Music Educators Association (PMEA) District 7 Chorus Festival at Eastern Lebanon County High School in Myerstown, PA.  During the festival, both students qualified to advance to the Region V Chorus.

Susquehannock junior Brendan Paules and senior Julien Sherman participated in an audition with 220 other students from the South Central Pennsylvania area.  In order to advance to the next level, students needed to place in the top 13 out of 25 in their specific voice part.  “The whole festival and the re-audition process is very humbling,” said Paules.  “Moving on to the next level and getting to experience a festival like this again is a real honor and something for which I am very grateful.  The best part of the experience was definitely getting to sing with a group of people that love and care about the same things as I do,” Paules said.

“I am incredibly proud of Brendan and Julien, who both qualified for the PMEA Region V Chorus,” said Susquehannock choral director Jay Althouse.  “Brendan earned the rank of 9th and Julien ranked 11th.  Congratulations to both of them on this great achievement!” said Althouse.

The Region V festival will take place February 23-25, 2017 at the Lehigh Valley Charter School for Performing Arts.  The choral students in attendance will be re-auditioning for a spot in the 2017 PMEA All-State Choir scheduled in April 2017 in Erie, PA.