Susquehannock High School Student Completes PeoplesBank Apprenticeship

January 16, 2017

From left, Steven Miller, PeoplesBank Chief Credit Officer and Summers’ apprenticeship mentor, and Chase Summers.

Susqhehannock High School senior Chase Summers recently completed a 2-year Student Banker Apprenticeship with PeoplesBank.

PeoplesBank selects seven students to participate in their Student Banker Apprenticeship.  During the program, students are assigned to select a new bank site.  They plan everything from site selection and customer relations to asset management, security, and marketing.  Summers’ focus was finance.  “Chase worked with professionals in the industry to create financial projections for the new bank’s success,” said Kellin McCullough, Susquehannock High School business education teacher.  “Chase stood out in his abilities to showcase his knowledge in a professional manner.  I am extremely proud of him!” McCullough said.

McCullough thanked Summers’ parents, teachers, and the Susquehannock administration for allowing Chase to participate in the apprenticeship and for supporting him throughout the duration of the program.