SHS SADD Committee Posts Signs on Campus

November 21, 2016

The Susquehannock High School Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD) committee has posted signs on campus to remind young drivers to refrain from cell phone use while driving.

Following the tragic death earlier this year of a Spring Grove teenager due to distracted driving, Susquehannock’s SADD committee decided to purchase the signs to post on campus.  With the help of the school safety and security officer, Dio Mendez, the students placed the signs strategically near campus exits to remind young drivers not to use cell phones while driving.  “The goal was to post the signs to remind young drivers not to be distracted while driving as they are leaving the school campus,” said Matt Amberman, SADD advisor.

Students Against Destructive Decisions is an organization dedicated to helping young people see that there are positive alternatives to negative situations.  The group works towards bringing awareness to teens regarding potentially harmful circumstances like distracted driving, bullying, and illegal drug use.

The next meeting of the Susquehannock SADD Committee is scheduled for Thursday, November 17 at 7:15 a.m. in Room 103.  All students are welcome and encouraged to join this committee.