Navy vs. Army: An American football tradition

The 113th annual Army vs. Navy football game ended in a victory for the Navy team, 17-13.

The two teams competed in this all- American tradition in Philadelphia on December 8.

Before they began their game, both academies entered the stadium, lined in rows and columns, conducting their drill and ceremony.

Senior Ryan Quigg enjoyed all of the annual festivities.

“I think the beginning part before the game even started and the traditions between army and navy [were my favorite part],” said Quigg. “They pulled out all new uniforms to make it … a big event.”

This military rivalry paired up for its last game of the regular season featuring star players Trent Steelman as starting quarterback for the Army and running back Gee Gee Greene for the Army.

The game started off with a seven-point lead thanks to Noah Copeland of the Navy.

Shortly after, the two teams were neck and neck continuing a close battle.

After a missed field goal by Eric Osteen on the Army side, the Black Knights continued with many turnovers, ending in the victory of the Navy due to the lead Keenan Reynolds achieved by scoring a touchdown late in the fourth quarter.

This was Navy’s 12th consecutive win against the Army.

Junior Kelsie Britt was pleased with the win.

“I was happy,” said Britt. “I’m 100% Navy.”

This victory for the Navy left the team with a season record of 8-4.