Unnoticed Artists Spread Creativity

By Miah Peryea, Reporter

In the halls roam artistically talented students who seem to go unnoticed by many.

Senior Dae’huan Gray says that art is his go to. “Art means a lot of things to me. It influences my style, the way I act. It basically defines who I am. I grew up around art. So whenever I was angry, depressed, or anything like that, art was always my go to,” said Gray. 

Senior Dae'huan Gray draws a witch.
Senior Dae’huan Gray draws a witch.

Being best at drawing, shading, and sketching, Gray says that even though his personal style of art stays on the dark side, Van Gogh is his favorite artist. “Vincent Van Gogh is my favorite artist. And it’s funny because his style is completely different than mine, but I admire how many hours he would dedicate to each painting,” said Gray.

Junior Stevie King would say art is her go to as well. Art to Stevie King is so much more than drawing on a piece of paper. “Art is expressionism of emotions and life. My life revolves around art.” 

Junior Stevie King draws Harley Quinn from the hit movie Suicide Squad.

Art inspires the world. For King, her art comes from the way she feels. “Emotions, thought processes, just anything that comes to mind,” said King.

King went on to say that her best medium is pastels, and her favorite artist is “Esao Andrews because I like his abstract style, and it’s kind of darker and different than my style.” 

Freshman Alexandra Roberts says that art to her is “any form of self-expression. Humans are sponges, soaking up everything they see and go through everyday and art is the place where they can squeeze out everything in their sponge, just onto a piece of paper.”

Roberts also goes on to say that her favorite medium is markers, and her favorite artist is Mu Pan because “he’s got a bunch of crazy stuff going on in his pictures. He’s limitless, and I think that’s gnarly.” 

Freshman Alexandra Roberts says simplicity is not her style.

Roberts does have sound advice about art.“Artists devote so much time, and they should be recognized more. Do whatever you want when it comes to your form of art. You really become you when you become limitless.”