Student studying pays off with school SAT scores

SAT, three letters that almost all high-schoolers are scared to see and lead to many hours of studying and reviewing.

For students at Susquehannock High School, all that studying really paid off as the school ranked within the top three within the county for each subject on the test.

One student, who was determined to do well was senior Krystal Rose.

“I studied for about a month,” said Rose. “I think I did decent but could have still studied harder.”

Overall, as a school, Susquehannock ranked within the top three for each subject on the test.

Our student average rated second in critical reading and writing, and fell a close third in math.

Red Lion took second place in the subject of math by just one point, with their score of 529 compared to our 528.

The scores for the rankings are decided by the cumulative average of the students taking that test from the school.

As a student body, one should feel very proud of the accomplishment.  According to guidance counselor Rosa Baer, “I was pleased [by the scores], but not surprised,” said Baer. “Last year’s class was a great class.”

According to the College Board’s website, the SAT is considered a college admissions test that is examines how well one knows math, writing, and critical reading.

Test takers are usually in their junior or senior year of high school, but can be in a lower grade level.

For those taking the test in the future, one can prepare by taking the PSAT, a practice test for the exam, or by using resources listed on and or provided by collegeboard.com to study for possible test questions.

Those taking the test in the spring or next year may have a high score to beat for the school, but overall the goal is to do one’s best and excel in the subjects that they know.

Students should not stress over the high scores for the previous year with the school supporting them.

“I’m hopeful that this year’s scores are just as good if not better,” said Baer.