Alumni Spotlight – Anne Bozievich ’01 (Baublitz)

April 18, 2016

Alumni Spotlight - Anne Bozievich 01 (Baublitz)

Anne Bozievich (Baublitz) has a fascination with written language. She voraciously reads it, analyzes it, and creates it. As Friendship Elementary School’s library media specialist, she encourages others to do the same from their earliest years.

This seemingly perfect match, however, was not her initial career choice.

As Anne Baublitz, she was an honor student at Susque-hannock, succeeding in every academic endeavor. But it was with the English Department – Mrs. Thoman, Mrs. Shultz, Mrs. Kelley, Mrs. Bedell – that she found most inspiration. She worked on all school publications including The Courier, The Calumet, and the literary magazine.

“It was these experiences that made me want to be a writer,” she recalls. “I was an English major in college, but my concentration was in Professional Writing.”

A talented flautist, Anne was active in Susquehannock’s music program, par-ticipating in Marching Band, Concert Band, and pit orchestra. She also spent a summer touring and performing in Europe with the Pennsylvania Ambassadors of Music.

Anne attended Elizabethtown College, where she continued playing her flute and working on student publications. After graduating in 2005, she accepted a position with The Sheridan Press in Hanover, editing medical journals. When her duties were outsourced to India, she went to Progressive Information Technologies in Emigsville where she edited high school and college textbooks, a position she held for four years.

It was during this period that she married former classmate Matt Bozievich. Of her courtship with Matt she says, “We were ‘just friends’ in high school. We had many of the same classes, and he was also on the yearbook staff. We remained close after graduation.”

It was also during this period that she realized editing other people’s work was not how she wanted to spend the rest of her life. She began taking evening classes at McDaniel College, earning her Master’s degree in School Library Media.

A return to her home school district as Librarian (a.k.a. Library Media Specialist) at Friendship in 2009 was a dream come true for her second career. And as one would expect, she excels in her position.

She was recently awarded the Shippensburg University School Study Council’s Outstanding Teacher Award and was also recognized as an “Emerging Leader” by the Pennsylvania School Librarian’s Association.

Outside school, Anne works with the Friends of the Hufnagel Library, supporting its summer reading program and volunteers at Nixon Park.

Anne also works for her Alma Mater as a member of the SHS Alumni Association’s Steering Committee. There, she helps plan for association fund-raising events and activities, and is excited to be a part of the organization’s plans to expand the Alumni Field House.

Anne and Matt live in Glen Rock. After an early career with the I.R.S., Matt is currently working as an auditor for the Department of Defense. But the couple finds time on weekends to show champion Great Danes up and down the coast, including a recent appearance at the prestigious Westminster Kennel Club show in New York City.

Anne is currently working on a third Master’s degree in instructional technology at Wilkes University as well as a graduate certificate in children’s writing from McDaniel College. Next on her goal list is to publish a children’s book. She hopes to have a completed manuscript to a literary agent by year’s end.

Thanks to Anne Baublitz Bozievich, Class of 2001, for making us Warrior Proud.