‘Fresh’ advice for the Freshmen

By Mallory Lebo, Reporter

A new group of fresh faces have come to embark on their first year of their high school journey: the freshman. Students and staff have voiced some beneficial advice for the freshman class in order for them to make these next four years the most productive, fun, and stress-free years of their lives.

Sophomores Maddie Stone and Kyle Orndorff dished out some helpful advice for the newest class at Susquehannock.

“Do your homework. Laziness means falling behind and falling behind means failing,” said Stone.

“Meet new people who have similar interests as you such as sports you play or other clubs. Keep organized with your work because some nights you could have hours of it while other nights you may have none,” Orndorff said.

Even though most seniors are only focused on making this last year great in order to graduate, they were definitely not hesitant to drop some insightful advice for the future faces of the school. Seniors Maddy Staub, Jake Shelton, Emily Houska  and Connor Hood had some beneficial words for the freshman.

“I think the freshman this year will bring new energy to the school. But to the freshmen, stay organized and try your best with everything you do,” said Staub.

“The freshmen will bring a new atmosphere to the school…. oh, and mind your own business,” said Shelton.

S1530081
Senior Connor Hood

“Get on your teachers’ good sides so that in the future they will write you letters of recommendation,” said Hood.

S1530082
Senior Emily Houska

“Do not slack off in your classes,” said Houska.

Truly the MVP’s of the school, the teachers have sound advice as well. History teacher Robert Cousineau  and middle school computer teacher Jim Lebo had some inspiring advice and tips for the young bunch.

“The freshmen this year seem to bring an energetic excitement to the school’s atmosphere. To the freshmen, stay organized, use your resources, do not be afraid to branch out and talk to others, and GET INVOLVED,” said Cousineau.

“Being a computer teacher for 7th and 8th grade has enabled me to shape the students up before they get to 9th grade.I have no doubt that the freshmen will exceed in their years at the high school. My advice to them is always do your best with anything you do. High school can be  great time in your life, but if you do not do the work and responsibilities you need to do…things may easily become hard to manage,” said Lebo.

This year there are 248 freshmen. That’s 248 more faces and 248 different personalities added to the mix of the overall student body.

The easiest ways to make sure the time here at school are the most smooth are to consistently get the work done, manage your time, be open to new people and ideas, and believe in yourself. So, to all the freshmen, quit being worried about the future, and start being CONFIDENT of the future.