New Link Crew in the Process of Being Selected

Photo courtesy: suskylinkcrew.blogspot.com

By Stella Trovato, Reporter

A new Link Crew is in the process of being selected and has been interviewed to make the upcoming freshmen more comfortable in high school for the 2015-2016 school year.

Link Crew teaches lessons to freshmen homerooms throughout the school year and also helps with making sure grades are high and school work is completed.  Most importantly, the Link Crew cares for each other and the underclassmen.

Recently, students that applied to join the crew have been interviewed about why they want to become a Link Crew leader, and about 50 students will become leaders.

Sophomore Madison Tomasic thinks Link Crew positively influences freshmen.

“I wanted to help out the incoming freshman and… [help] them have a better adjustment for high school,” said Tomasic.

Tomasic speaks very positively about the crew and is excited to be a leader next year.

“It’s a really cool group of kids,” said Tomasic.  “You get to do activities together to bond and then use that bond to help with the freshmen.”

Sophomore Katelin Tyler is glad she signed up for Link Crew and prepared well for her interview.

“I made sure that I had a good reasoning of why I wanted to do it,” said Tyler. “He asked us questions of what we could do to help and why he should choose us to be a Link leader.”

Along with Tomasic, Tyler has a strong feeling about being a leader on Link Crew.

“I think it’s kind of cool because you’re the upperclassmen, and you’re helping out freshmen and [underclassmen],” said Tyler.

The adviser of Link Crew, social studies teacher Matt Amberman, thinks Link Crew is a great program for all the students who have become a leader and all of the freshmen that have been impacted by the program.

“Being a member of Link Crew has built many relationships between leaders and freshmen that exist beyond their experiences during that freshman year,” said Amberman.

Amberman is very proud of the program impacting many of students’ high school lives.

“When juniors are excited to help out and make a freshman’s life better, then the program will last indefinitely as the program will actually grow its own leaders,” said Amberman.

For the next school year, a new Link Crew will be ready to make the freshmen feel more at ease.