Students’ Favorite Fall Activities

Ashley Bortner carve some fun patterns into her Halloween pumpkins. Photo by Ashley Bornter.

By Kerrie DeFelice, Reporter

As the summer nights end and the temperature begins to get colder, students are starting to enjoy their favorite fall activities.

Even though students are limited to what they can appreciate in town, they are still able to have fun with their friends whether that is having a bonfire, carving pumpkins, going to Maize Quest, or Field of Screams.

Junior Abby Ferraro loves to do all of her favorite fall activities with her friends

“I love carving pumpkins and going to Maize Quest.” said Ferraro. “I think it’s just a really fun activity to get together with your friends.”

Senior Sabrina Gardecki carved mini faces into her tiny pumpkins. Photo by Sabrina Gardecki.

Along with Ferraro’s fun agenda, she also adds that fall is her favorite season.

“I like when the leaves change, and I think the temperature is really nice because it’s right before it starts to snow.” says Ferraro. “It’s just a good time and really pretty outside.”

Allison Moltz, a senior, is enjoying her last fall at home by enjoying the nature.

“I like going on walks through the fall air because it’s cold, but not too hot where I am going to sweat.” said Moltz. “It’s pretty. I like the changing of the leaves.”

As fall rolls round, the leaves are starting to change from green to yellow, orange, and red. Photo by Kerrie DeFelice.

Many people enjoy fall more for the great food that comes along with it like pumpkin pie, turkey, and apple cider. For senior Shawn Gasque, the food has to be the most important aspect for him, especially the pumpkin flavoring.

“I love pumpkin flavor [foods] like pumpkin rolls because they are so creamy,” said Gasque.

Gasque also adds that he looks forward to Thanksgiving and eating all of the turkey.

Abby Ferraro and Allison Moltz both think that apple cider takes the prize for best fall drink.

I think it is safe to say that students at Susquehannock appreciate the beautiful changes in nature about fall the most, as well as the wonderful food that is incorporated with the season.