Students’ outstanding achievements rewarded

Karina Ernst
Karina Ernst

Recently four seniors were recognized for their abilities and their outstanding achievements. Sadé Greenfield, Jess Voltaggio, Melissa Keuler, and Karina Ernst were asked the following questions in regards to their student of the month award’s.

1. How did you feel when you were given student of the month?

“I was excited because that’s awesome that all my hard work was acknowledged.” -Greenfield

“It felt really good. It was nice to be recognized for something good I did.” -Voltaggio

image
Jess Voltaggio

“It was an honor. It was nice knowing that teachers recognize me for working hard.” -Keuler

“I was pretty excited. I’ve never been recognized like that before.” -Ernst

2. Why do you think you were chosen?

“Because I try my hardest in class and the teachers like me.” -Greenfield

image
Sade Greenfield

“Probably because of my participation in marching band and my good relationship with all of my teachers.” -Voltaggio

“I always put in my best effort in all my classes.” -Keuler

“I get good grades, and I hopefully set a good example for other students.” -Ernst

3. How do you think this award benefits students?

“It motivates me to try harder in class to get student of the month.” -Greenfield

“I think it’s a moral boost. It feels nice, and it helped me out with not being as lazy of a senior.” -Voltaggio

“It benefits students because it allows them to see that teachers appreciate them and their work.” -Keuler

image
Melissa Keuler

“It just tells you your hard work pays off and it feels good when you get recognized for all of your hard work.” -Ernst

4. How do you think teachers decide who to give the award to?

“I think that it is based off of class participation and grades.” -Greenfield

“I think it has to do with class participation and overall attitude.” -Voltaggio

image
Karina Ernst

“I think they probably look for people putting forth the most effort and time.” -Keuler

“They look at students they have had that stand out to them and set a better example than other students.” -Ernst