Boys Lacrosse team ambitious for this season

A new Susquehannock lacrosse season has arrived, and the Warriors have a new mentality.

Last season, the boys lacrosse team wasn’t prepared physically or mentally. Junior defender Josh Senn thought the team should have had a different outcome last season.

“We were mentally unprepared,” said Senn. “We simply weren’t focused enough to take on the tougher teams in the district.”

Even with an 11-5 record last season, this team is hungry for more. Seven year lacrosse veteran and attackman sophomore Aidan Kirkendall likes his team’s chances this season.

“I think we should do well this season,” said Kirkendall. “ If we get our freshman to step up, we should be okay.”

Junior starting goalie Shane Silk thinks the team should be much better than last year. “I think we should do very well,” said Silk. “We have plenty of young talent, and that should come in handy.”

Junior Midfielder Colin Kelly is also very confident in his team this season. “I feel like we will have a strong team this season,” said Kelly. “We have a solid defense, with star players like Zach Gloeckner and Logan Foore. We’re easily statebound. This team is prepared to win it all.”

Head coach Grant Zimmerman is optimistic for the season. “We are definitely working harder,” said Zimmerman. “This season, in order to be better, we’ve had a harder preseason and more training. In general, we’ve just been more organized.”

“I’m predicting a better season this year,” Zimmerman went on to say. “Defense will be our strong point. We have a lot of leadership on this team, and that will show on the field.”

The boys lacrosse team looks to put up a lot of points this season. This is a very young team with 7 out of 10 underclassman starters, and it seems this team should have a good season this year.

Then sophomore Zach Gloeckner in a 2012 match up against West York.
Officially sized lacrosse ball.
This is an officially sized lacrosse ball.