Five different and stylish ways to perk up your winter wear

With winter blasting in quick and not looking to leave any time soon, Susky made way for the new winter trends. Here are the top 5 most talked about, most complemented and most fashionable winter styles.

Photo by: Elise Delozier Junior, Caitlin shows off her comfortable and cute footwear.
Photo by: Elise Delozier
A junior  shows off her comfortable and cute footwear.

These high leather boots made it big for Susky in 2013 and became  a ‘must have’ for girls and women all around. High leather boots took off and allowed any woman wanting to show how sophisticated and mature she in away to do it right. High boots have made such an impact on style, even celebrities sport them out in public. These boots can come in different colors and fabrics. You can choose from how many buckles there are on the side, if it has zippers, and if they have a wedged heel or not.

Junior Caitlin Calicut  says she owns one pair of  high leather boots herself and is getting another new pair soon.

Calicut said she was getting another pair of boots “because they are comfortable and cute.” She bought her recent pair of boots from Boscos because she enjoys horseback riding and she thought that they looked cute on everyone else.

Sweater weather is here! With winter in full force in Southern York County, many teenage girls and boys are both

wearing a wide range of sweaters, from the ugliest of Christmas sweaters to the sleekest and most elegant.

Photo by: Elise Delozier Senior Hannah Jensen, wears a decretive sweater to keep her out of the cold!
Photo by: Elise Delozier
Senior Hannah Jensen wears a decorative sweater to keep her out of the cold.

Although most commonly seen on girls, sweaters are comfy and warm. They go great with pretty much anything, but a more favorable trend is to pair a sweater with leggings high-waist jeans, or with a scarf.

Biology teacher, Lauren Jernstrom says she owns 10 sweaters herself. “You can dress ‘em up or dress ‘em down,”  said Jernstorm. Sweaters are pretty much at any store with clothing in them; some stores to visit are Wal-mart, Bon-ton, Wet Seal, and Express.

Another rising fashion trend is scarves. Scarves can be seen on just about any age group of females, and now men are starting to wear them as well.

Photo by: Elise Delozier Keeping warm in the colder weather, Sophomore Hannah Stewart wears a muti-color scarf.
Photo by: Elise Delozier
Keeping warm in the colder weather, Sophomore Hannah Stewart wears a multicolor scarf.

Senior Sierra Davenport says she wears a scarf just about everyday. Owning about thirty scarfs herself, Davenport partakes in keeping up in fashion in the high school.

“It’s easier to put an outfit together,” said Davenport, “and it keeps me warm.”

With leggings or jeans, a Madden Girl boot might be the way to go. Many teens across North America slip these rubber boots on as fall and winter come into swing. Their thick rubber soles make the shoes perfect for snow and crazy winter weather. The floral print also helps to keep them fashionable to wear; also come in other fashionable

Photo by: Elise Delozier A student wears very flashy leggings and clear rubber madden girl boots on a snowy day.
Photo by: Elise Delozier
A student wears very flashy leggings and clear rubber madden girl boots on a snowy day.

trends, such as clear boots with a light color tint, polka-dot rubber boots, and solid army boots.

Making its way to high schools are work boots or Timberland’s. These boots added a positive twist to women’s fashion in 2013, allowing them to become a rising trend for high school girls. One can find them from stores such as, Forever21,, Wal-Mart, and Ugg stores. These boots can go with anything and can

Photo By: Wikimedia Commons  A pair of new Timberlands sit to be worn.
Photo By: Wikimedia Commons
A pair of new Timberlands sit to be worn.

support any style brought next to them. These shoes are great for the outdoor weather and match any  article of clothing.