New albums come out for every genre

Turn it up
Turn it Up: People will be flocking to iTunes to buy the latest albums this season. Photo By: Hailey Page

Fall morphs shorts to pants, summer parties to study sessions, and, of course, makes those summer tunes fade to silent study halls, all when artists release their new albums for the season. No matter what genre someone listens to, they are bound to be excited by this new wave of albums. After having a radio hit with “Call Me Maybe,” Carly Rae Jepsen is hoping to have a few more hits with her new album, Kiss, hitting the charts on September 18. A little later on October  9, another vocal artist whose hit “Lights” was set to repeat for the summer heat is Ellie Goulding with her record Halcyon. However, pop artists aren’t the only ones grabbing attention in the alternative sound category.

The cult followed band, The Killers, released their wildly waited for album entitled Battle Born  on September 18. The also forever popular No Doubt will be making a comeback this September when they put their first CD in 11 years out for display on the 25th. Rounding out this music category is another well loved and veteran band, Green Day. These experienced rockers will premier their ninth album entitled ¡Uno! on September 25. Sophomore Jake Shenk is one fan who is excited for the new tunes. “They’re an awesome band,” said Shenk. “Their sound is different than every other band’s I’ve heard.” Hip-hop made September 18 just a little sweeter as the artist Wiz Khalifa released O.N.I.F.C., the rapper’s second full length album that fans have been expecting since its original date was pushed back from August. Yet another artist whose album has been expected by fans is 50 Cent’s.  The rapper was supposed to have the album out months ago, but it won’t be until the late date of November 13 that listeners will hear Street King Immortal. Finally, October 22 is bound to be a day with records broken as pop and country queen Taylor Swift puts her album Red on the market. Copies of this album are bound to be downloaded by millions with her singles like “We Are Never Getting Back Together” from the album already hitting the top of the charts. Although there are many more albums that have been or are being released in the coming months, the last of this list is an artist that students seem to enjoy. Jason Aldean will release his fourth album to his rapidly spreading fan base. Aldean’s album is entitled Night Train and hits stores October 16. A fan who will be eagerly waiting is junior Brianna Janowiak. “His music is relatable and a lot of fun,” said Janowiak. “He keeps his fans entertained.” Keep your iPods charged and your car radios up loud because the fall season is bound to please, and students will be dancing and singing along until the Holidays.