Perry’s new album tops the charts

Katy Perry released her third album, Prism on October 22. After being out for two weeks, Perry’s new album has already had three hits hit the Billboard Top 100.

A teaser was sent out for her album, releasing her first hit “Roar” on August 12. “Roar” first appeared on the Top 100 the week of August 24, at the 85 rank and by the next week had jumped the whole way up to second rank. Perry’s teaser finally made it to spot number one the week of September 14.

Perry’s single would stay at the number one spot for the following week, then would fall. More than two months later, the singer’s hit remains on the chart at spot number two for the week of November 16.

Prism includes thirteen songs including “Roar,” “Legendary Lovers,” “Birthday,” “Walking on Air,” “Unconditionally,” “Dark Horse” (featuring Juicy J), “This is How We Do,” “International Smile,” “Ghost,” “Love Me,” “This Moment,”  “Double Rainbow,” and “By the Grace of God.” The deluxe version also includes “Spiritual,” “It Takes Two,” and “Choose Your Battles.”

“Roar,” “Birthday,” and “Unconditionally” are three of the more upbeat songs.

Prism sold more copies than Miley Cyrus’s new album Bangerz, making it the best selling album this year, more than 275,000 copies were sold within the first week, setting a record.

Perry’s third album has been the most successful out of the three thus far. Perry had released an album as a Christian artists years ago with the name of Kate Hudson; Prism by far had more copies sold than her religious album.

Critics from newspapers such as the Washington Post call this album a ‘spiritual one.’ It shows through the success that Perry has had through the first few weeks of the album’s release.

Prism is the third most popular album on itunes while Cyrus’s new album Bangers does not even appear in the top 20.

All information regarding the album’s songs and the album’s popularity was gained through iTunes.