‘Catching Fire’ rages thru theaters

Sophmore Grace Burns watching the trailer for Catching Fire.

The second movie in the Hunger Games trilogy, Catching Fire, released in theaters November 22, and people all over have already been raving about it.

Sophmore Grace Burns watches the trailer for Catching Fire.

The previous and first installment, The Hunger Games, was directed by Gary Ross and now the title has been handed over to Francis Lawrence. Lawrence is already known for his work on I Am Legend and Water for Elephants.

The plot of the movie follows a rebellion against the capital.

Katniss Everdeen, continuing to be played by Jennifer Lawrence, and Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark, have to return to the arena to battle once again.

Among the school there are many fans who have already seen the premiere.

Sophomore Megan Kuller is one of those fans, and raved about how excited she was to go see it.

“I’m really excited to see it,” she said. “I want it to be exactly like the book.”

She also explained that she likes the end of the series as the story goes on, so she was happy to go see the next one.

The arena in which they fought in the first movie is no longer the base for Catching Fire. According to director Francis Lawrence, they traveled from place to place trying to find the right scenery for the movie.

“We actually created a tropical environment that’s in a bit of a bowl, and the jungle is surrounding a circular pool of water filled with ocean water and choppy waves, and a volcanic rock island in the center of that, where our cornucopia sits and the elevators with the tributes all come up in the middle of the water,” said Lawrence, according to MTV. “It’s a bit of a challenge because that environment doesn’t actually exist, so we had to put that puzzle together.”

The site also states that beach and jungle scenes were shot in Hawaii, and ocean scenes in Atlanta, creating an exuberant scene for the movie.