The season of “lasts”

Let’s enjoy out last few weeks as Warriors! Image by: Wade Bowers

As the school year is coming to a close, seniors are counting down the precious days that they have left to spend in the hallways of Susquehannock High School, and on June 7, 2013, seniors will graduate and start a new chapter in their lives.

For many of us, high school held a lot of our “firsts,” such as our first school dance, our first love, and even our first F on a test we studied really hard for. Without these, we wouldn’t be prepared for the ups and downs that come with growing up and moving on to college life.

It seems like we have spent the last four years preparing for college, and, in the blink of an eye, it’s almost all over. Instead of our firsts, we are all basking in our lasts. Our last Friday night football game, our last prom, our last AP test, and our last Monday of school. These are our last memories of high school; let’s make them good ones.

Leave the pointless drama aside. No matter what, drama will be there next fall when you enter college; accept it won’t be with the same person. It’s been said that “high school never ends”– meaning the drama that has started in high school will start in college and even when we join the workforce. Therefore, let’s put it aside for the last two weeks we have to roam the halls of Susky High. Remember, in a few years when you run into the person you most hated in high school at WalMart, none of the drama from your high school years will matter anyways.

Also, we can find it in ourselves to stop bashing the school. Some say that they hate SoYoCo and can’t wait to get out, but here at Susky we have been provided with a quality education that will allow most of us to be successful in college. I would just like to take a second to thank all of the teachers for this. Without you all, a lot of us wouldn’t be where we are today, or going into the field of study we plan to next fall.

I know we all can’t wait to graduate and start something new– I know I can’t– but lets never forget the memories we have shared with our fellow classmates, such as the stories we tell our kids and our grandkids after that and the “remember whens” that we will share at our reunions.

So, seniors, don’t let these precious few days slip through your fingers by not caring. Thank the teacher that made a difference to you, hug your friends goodbye, and always remember:

Sons and daughters true and loyal,

Join our song of cheer

For our dear old high school royal

As we gather here.

We are filled with praises endless

And remembrance clear;

E’er our voices will defend her,

Red and white so dear.