How to maintain friendships post-graduation

After high school ends and graduates begin to scatter to colleges and careers of their choosing, many wonder how will they stay in touch.

In recent years, the ability to contact long distance friends has become easier due to social networking websites, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and so on. There is always up and coming ways to contact anyone in any location.

Senior Alysha Simmons plans to keep in touch with the closest of her friends from high school following graduation.

“I’m planning on learning how to use Skype,” said Simmons. “I already use Facebook.”

Aside from online venues, there is still the somewhat faithful classic, mail. Some are fans of the classic notion of a handwritten note to a loved one from far away. There is something to be said for anticipating the arrival of an envelope, ripping it open to reveal the familiar handwriting of someone you have not seen in a while.

Some may remember the old childhood game of tag. It turns out that the classic childhood game is also a way to stay in touch. Ten friends from the Pacific Northwest have been in a game of tag for over 20 years, according to ESPN. The now forty-year-olds spend one month every year traveling across the country to camp out in bushes, under cars, in offices, and in many other places in the hopes of tagging their friend.

Even though they all have families, jobs, and lives during every other month of the year, they always find time during February to see each other. That being said, if 40-year-old men can get together from across the country, then college freshmen should be able to come together over a hundred miles or so.

Sources:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9009960