Requiem concludes thrilling trilogy

What if there was a cure that would eradicate love? Sounds awful, right? But what if the cure removed the stress, insecurities, and the danger of falling in love?
Your life would be calm, safe, and painless.
In the Delirium trilogy, the brilliant author Lauren Oliver creates a convincing world where a cure exists to remove love.

File by Jina Lee
A wedding vow may promise loyalty and peacefulness, yet it never promises love.

There is a surgical process required for every 18-year-old. Afterwards, each teen is betrothed to someone who matches him or her based on physical appeal and intelligence. Love does not ever enter the equation, but the relationships are ideal, since each couple is perfectly matched.
Families are raised in a stable environment. Girls and boys keep at a safe distance. Violence is unheard of.
Delirium is the first novel in the trilogy. It follows Lena, a girl who cannot wait for her surgery, which is only ninety-five days away.
Then the impossible happens; Lena falls in love. Not only that, but she falls in love with an Invalid.

Invalids are a supposedly non-existent group of people who live in the Wilds- they are not ‘cured.’ The government claims that long ago, they had been bombed and none of them have survived.
Alex, the Invalid boy who charmed Lena into questioning her perfect society, flirts with danger every day in Portland.
Every time Lena and Alex meet, they risk everything. Lena could be put away into the Crypts, labelled as insane and infected with Amor Deliria Nervosa (Love Delirium Disorder). Alex, being uncured, would be shot on the spot.
Pandemonium, the second novel in the trilogy, continues Lena’s dangerous story. Requiem is the conclusion of the series. Many questions are answered, especially the most important of all- Will the Invalid Resistance be squashed, or will the rebellion succeed?
Are you or one of your friends experiencing Amor Deliria Nervosa? The symptoms mentioned in Delirium are as follows:
  Phase One:
– preoccupation; difficulty focusing
– dry mouth
– perspiration; sweaty palms
– fits of dizziness and disorientation
– reduced mental awareness; racing thoughts; impaired reasoning skills
  Phase Two:
– periods of euphoria; hysterical laughter and heightened energy
– periods of despair; lethargy
– changes in appetite; rapid weight loss or weight gain
– fixation; loss of other interests
– compromised reasoning skills; distortion of reality
– disruption of sleep patterns; insomnia or constant fatigue
– obsessive thoughts and actions
– paranoia; insecurity
 Phase Three (Critical):
– difficulty breathing
– pain in the chest, throat or stomach
– complete breakdown of rational faculties; erratic behavior; violent thoughts and fantasies; hallucinations and delusion
Phase Four (Fatal):
– emotional or physical paralysis (partial or total)
– death
– Lauren Oliver