Best place to buy your prom dress around SoYoCo

Photo by: Gina Corey. Just a few of the many places to buy a quality gown are shown here.

With prom fast approaching, many girls are stressing out over what dress they want, what color looks best on them, and, most importantly, the best place to buy their dress.
While there are many places to choose from, each place ranges in price and the types of services they provide.

Renaissance Bridal:
Located on East Market Street in York, Renaissance Bridal is a high-end bridal shop that provides customers with quality service without requiring an appointment for formal wear. The prom dresses are arranged by color and size for the convenience of the browsing customer. Consultants help one change and even pull dresses they think would suit one’s body type. Although the service is great, Renaissance Bridal is very expensive. They are stocked with dresses from all of the top formal wear designers, so this may not be the place for those looking for a dress on a budget less than $350.
Senior Emily Fodel enjoyed her experience at Renaissance Bridal.
“I thought it was really great,” said Fodel. “They gave you clips to mark the dresses you want and bring them to you. I like how they help you when you want help, but they’re not too controlling. They don’t make you try on dresses you don’t want.”

Address: 315 East Market Street York, PA 17403
Phone: 717-846-0565
Website: http://www.renaissancebridalsandprom.com/index.php

Simone’s Day Spa & Bridal:
Simone’s Day Spa & Bridal is located in Hanover. Here, one can find many designer dresses. Customers get to browse through the dresses they have out and pick the ones they want to try on. They also have books that contain gowns stored in the back that did not fit in the main showroom. The selection is not as wide as at Renaissance, but the dresses are very nice, although expensive, starting at about $300 and up. One does not need an appointment to check out all of the dresses at Simone’s, but it may be beneficial as they tend to be very busy.

Address: 315 East Middle Street Hanover, PA 17331
Phone: 717-630-0990
Website: http://www.simonesunlimited.com/

M’Jourdelle:
If one wants to venture into Maryland to find a prom dress, try looking at M’Jourdelle. The little shop is located by the Towson roundabout on York Road. It has a smaller selection than Renaissance and Simone’s, and it is a little less organized; however,  the dresses are beautiful and don’t veer far from most people’s budgets. The dresses are there to be ordered, so go quickly before it is too late to order a dress tailored to your measurements.
Senior Gabrielle Urik highly recommends M’Jourdelle.
“I like that they are really there to get you in the right dress,” explained Urik. “They did such a good job last year with my prom dress [that] I just had to go back [to pick up another dress].”
Address: 617 York Road Towson, MD 21204-4103
Phone: 410-337-0490
Website: http://www.mjourdelle.net/index.htm

Synchronicity Boutique:
Located in Baltimore, Synchronicity is another boutique stocked with a lot of prom dresses. One can order these prom dresses easily or buy one there. The dresses tend to be on the more expensive side, selling from designers such as Sherri Hill and Faviana. Like many boutiques, Synchronicity will write down the name of the school one attends to ensure no one else going to one’s own prom is wearing the same dress.

Address: 25 Hooks Lane Pikesville, MD 21208
Phone: 410-486-8866
Website: http://www.synchronicityboutique.com/

David’s Bridal:
Many may think “David’s Bridal” and have this image of plain-Jane dresses with no pizzazz; however, this perception is wrong. David’s Bridal has a very wide selection of dresses, from empire waist, to open back, to ball gowns. The best part is these gowns all come at very decent prices! For those who are on a budget, David’s bridal may be a great place for one to shop! The dresses range from about $100 to a little over $200, depending on what kind of gown one is looking for. Furthermore, if one’s size isn’t at the bridal shop one goes to, the correct size dress can be ordered online in most cases or shipped over from another store.

Address: 2821 Concord Road York, PA 17402
Phone: 717-755-1981
Website: http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/db/weddinglinks/location.jsp?city=York&state=PA&zipcode=17402

Department Stores:
One can find prom dresses for decent prices in department stores at local malls, such as the Galleria or Towson Mall. The department stores in the mall usually have small collections of dresses. Boscov’s in the Galleria Mall has a few really beautiful dresses in stock. They are up-to-date and fashionable, such as the new high-low dress trend. The Macy’s in the Towson Mall also has many dresses that cost less than the usual, expensive designer dresses.

Online:
If one has no luck on their prom dress shopping ventures, one can always try looking online. However, beware of fraudulent websites. A reputable site that many have used to order their prom dresses from is www.PromGirl.com. The site has a lot of dresses in stock, all ranging in prices.
“They have such a good selection of dresses for such good prices; you could find anything on there,” said Urik. “My last two homecoming dresses were from there, and I loved them!”

Hopefully, checking out these places can help one find the prom dress that flatters them the best, all for a great price.