Spring Adult Education

Susquehannock High School provides the opportunity for  enrichment every year through the Adult Education Program.
The program offers adults the chance to learn basic skills such as CPR, engine repair, and website design. There are also recreational classes like oil painting, folk guitar, and volleyball.
Many adults register for classes to learn lifesaving skills and stress-relieving hobbies.
Terri Reuter, the Administrations’ Public Information Specialist, described how convenient and available the classes are.
“We offer a variety of classes at various times,” said Reuter. “ Our main classes were in the evening, but we’ve started [offering classes] in the afternoon.”
Southern York County is unique in that it has had this program for years, whereas certain districts only started a few years ago. Even people outside of Southern York County take the Adult Education classes, according to Reuter.
Reuter explains how the program offers adults many opportunities.
“They can learn a new skill. They can broaden their talents,” said Reuter. “ We give an affordable option to people.”
Newer classes were designed to keep up with technology. Web design is one class that is very convenient for busy adults.
“One of the newer classes that’s gaining popularity is Web Design, “ said Reuter. “They can take it at home. It’s an online course.”
Some of the other popular classes were mentioned.
The basketball program is one of the most attended. Many older men have signed up for the program, and it has been successful for a long time. As one ages, it becomes even more important to exercise, so basketball is an excellent option.
The registrations for the program were due March 4th, and classes begin on the 11th.