National Signing Day

National Signing Day is among one of the biggest days in a high-school athletes career.

Most commonly on the first Wednesday in February, it is the first day that a high school senior can sign a National Letter of Intent with a school that is a member of the NCAA.

Athletic Director Chuck Abbott tells of why Signing Day is important.

“Finding kids who made a decision to sign is important, and [it] also relieves pressure off of them [in helping] the colleges [to] fill their recruiting class,” said Abbott.
The University of Alabama and The University of Mississippi (better known as “Ole Miss”) seemed to have the upperhand on this signing day.
According to ESPN, Alabama signed 5-star athlete Derrick Henry; 4-star inside linebacker, Reuben Foster; 4-star wide receiver, Robert Foster; and 4-star defensive tackle, Dee Liner.
Ole Miss signed two 5-star players, defensive end, Robert Nkemdiche, and outside tackle, Laremy Tunsil. They also signed 4-star wide receiver, Laquon Treadwell, and 4-star safety, Antonio Conner.
Senior Beth Garrison is the only athlete who has signed in our school so far. Her decision was to play division-three volleyball for Muhlenberg College.
“I really liked the campus and the team,” said Garrison. “They all get along very well and are so nice.”
The college and scouting process took Garrison a year to pick which college she was going to.
“It felt really good to be able to sign to a school,” said Garrison. “The applications were a struggle to get through, and deciding which college to go to was very stressful.”
Garrison plans to major in Biology in the future and play for Muhlenberg College.

There is no word on any other athlete signing a letter of intent from Susquehannock, but there could be possible athletes in the future.

Hopefully one day we will see these athletes fulfilling their dreams at college and possibly aspiring to be a big name in the professional sports world.

ESPN.com