A goal is better than a dream

The boys basketball team had a crushing win over Littlestown High on Thursday, January 31 with a final score of 61 to 43.

According to senior forward Tim Frey, the win was crucial.

“We really needed a win because we lost two kind of important games, and we needed this win to qualify for districts,” said Frey.

The team had missed practices in the week preceding the game due to inclement weather. However, it had no impact on the boys’ level of play seeing as the final score was up in their favor by an 18-point margin.

However, the game was not so one-sided the entire time. English teacher Erica Littleton watched the boys push past Littlestown from the bleachers.

“The second half of the game was where the team really excelled, as the lead on Littlestown grew due to our pushing offense,” said Littleton

King of Hearts nominee Lee Viado also felt that the team really brought their all in the second half.

“The first half of the game, we underestimated them. In the second half, we showed them what Warrior Basketball is all about. We were all about winning, and nothing but,” said Viado.

Viado analyzed the strength of the team, highlighting key players in light of this game.
“We’re a complete team. Everyone’s focused on teamwork; there’s no selfishness. Our MVP would have to be Tyler Brooks. He’s the complete package: defensive and aggressive. You know what they say, ‘Offense wins games, defense wins championships,’” said Viado.