Next season of PLL premieres

By Blink-186 [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC-BY-SA-3.0-2.5-2.0-1.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
Season 4 of Pretty Little Liars debuted Tuesday, Jan. 8 on ABC Family.
The series kicked off back in 2010, displaying an exciting plot surrounding four high school girls after the mysterious murder of their friend Alison DeLaurentis.
Executive producer Leslie Morgenstein brings the original book series written by Sara Shepard to life. Starring Ashley Benson, Shay Mitchell, Lucy Hale, Troian Bellisario, and Sasha Pieterse, Pretty Little Liars starts off season 4 with a bang.
In the season premiere, Mona, who admitted to being a part of “A team” last season, returns to Rosewood High after spending a decent amount of time in a mental hospital. Despite what Mona tells Hanna about her parents forcing her to come back to school, the girls soon find out that it was actually Mona who begged her parents to return.
Also new to Rosewood is a familiar looking janitor who is seen talking to Mona quite a bit.
After some snooping in his office, the girls find a diary on his desk that belonged to Alison.
In one of the last entries she talks about how she bribed Aria’s father into giving her money in order to keep her mouth shut about his affair with one of his college students.
This woman, Meredith, ended up becoming a teacher, who now is employed at Rosewood.
Immediately after finding the diary, the girls head back up to the outside of the school to find a tent for the local marathon in flames.
Later, Aria is informed that Meredith was a victim of severe burns in the fire after getting a note telling her to put supplies into the tent.
Meredith immediately suspects Aria, Hanna, Emily, and Spencer as the ones behind the note due to their past and current tension.
After an intense confrontation between Aria and her father, the episode ends with a scene where Mona and Jason DeLurentis (Ali’s brother) are seen together at Jason’s home, leaving many to believe that Jason may have been a part of his own sister’s murder.
This episode is a great establishment to the beginning of a new season.
It incorporates the same main characters, continuing their individual stories, while bringing back minor characters that were featured in previous episodes, like Meredith.
The storyline and dialogue was thoroughly believable, as always, reassuring past season fans that season 4 will be no exception to the Pretty Little Liars usual realistic repertoire of plot twists.
To figure out what happens throughout the season, tune into ABC Family every Tuesday at 8 P.M., and follow the mystery behind the much-anticipated reveal of “A” and Alison DeLurentis’ murderer.