Favorite Memories from the 2016-2017 School Year

By Ariel Barbera, Assistant Editor-in-Chief

The 2016-2017 school year is coming to a close, and students are already making their summer plans.

Seniors are saying their goodbyes and selecting their post-graduation plans, several students are starting their search for summer jobs, and many others are spending their last month of school reminiscing on the overall year.

As a way to remember the year in its entirety, students take the time to point out some of their highlights of the year and several things they would have changed.

Senior Stephanie Gardecki liked spending time in the art room with her close friends throughout the year.

“My highlights would be seeing my friends every day and getting to spend time with my friends all the time… I think what makes the high school experience really good is the people you surround yourself with. I surrounded myself with people that I want to keep talking to after I graduate. It makes my school experience better,” said Gardecki.

Senior Stephanie Gardecki enjoys displaying her artwork in the art and technology fair. Photo by: Ariel Barbera

Freshman Lucas Schwanke spent his first year of high school making new friends and participating in the marching band championships.

“I really enjoyed coming to a new school and making new friends,” said Schwanke.

Senior Zach Robinson liked many of the classes he took this year, including his art classes, and the many study halls he had.

“It’s been nice all year… I definitely liked my art classes, and I really liked having study hall for the first half of my year. I really liked taking AP English, and yearbook was pretty fun,” said Robinson.

Junior Aditya Kandala enjoyed working in the Tech Shed and helped many students fix their Chromebooks.

“I liked the successful marching band season and working in the Tech Shed,” said Kandala. “It was overall a good year.”

Senior Addie Achterberg’s highlights of the school year involved hanging out with her fellow theater students and participating in marching band.

“I enjoyed going to a theme festival with the theater kids,” said Achterberg. “I really enjoyed Homecoming this year… [Overall] the year was all right.”

Senior Colton Mumley felt that playing soccer was the best part of his year.

Seniors in choir take the time to enjoy their last year at Susquehannock. Photo Courtesy: Emily Rivers

“My favorite memory from this school year would be the soccer season,” said Mumley. “I think we all did well in soccer. Tennis is also going great, and I’m doing well in all my classes.”

Senior Amber Manuel enjoyed her time being a senior aide.

“I liked being a senior aide for Ms. Krotzer because she’s a great person to talk to… [I enjoyed] watching the kids [in child care] develop their skills with learning their letters and how to pronounce them. I also liked art seminar because I enjoyed creating different things instead of having to create something specific like in the other art classes,” said Manuel.

Overall, the school year has been a success, and many students enjoyed the various events that took place throughout the year.