The student news site of Susquehannock High School in Glen Rock, Pennsylvania.

The Susquehannock Courier

2017 Kids Choice Awards

Miah Peryea, Reporter

The 2017 Kids Choice Awards, hosted by WWE Superstar John Cena, was packed full of live entertainment, awards, and slime. 

Host John Cena, Hollywood beauty Demi Lovato, comedian Kevin Hart, and Jurassic World star Chris Pratt underwent the slime-ing of their lives.

The kids picked our favorite sponge as the Best Cartoon. Spongebob Squarepants took home Best Cartoon, beating out shows like Loud House and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  

Finding Dory took home Best Animated Movie, beating out movies like Moana, Trolls, and Zootopia.

Selena Gomez managed to beat out Beyonce, Rihanna, and Adele in Favorite Female Singer.

Shawn Mendes took home Favorite Male Singer, beating out Drake, The Weeknd, and Bruno Mars.

As far as live entertainment goes, Little Mix and Machine Gun Kelly and Camila Cabello performed at the KCA’s.

Machine Gun Kelly and Camila Cabello performed their song “Bad Things,”  a song they co wrote together, and it went #1 on the Billboard Charts.  

Little Mix performed their songs “Touch” and “Shoutout to my Ex” in a beautiful mashup.

The girls were asked to make their lyrics a little bit more kid friendly, and their dance number a little bit more kid friendly as well.

Considering the response to the performance, it was a success. People took to twitter and Instagram to give the girls a shoutout on the good performance.