Susquehannock to Perform Chamber Music Concert

March 6, 2017

Susquehannock High School orchestra students rehearse for their chamber music concert under the direction of guest conductor Derek Cooper from the Manhattan School of Music.

The public is invited to attend an upcoming chamber music concert of the Susquehannock High School orchestra.  The chamber music concert will take place on Wednesday, March 8, 2017, at Zion Lutheran Church, 49 Hanover Street, Glen Rock, PA at 7:00 p.m.

Susquehannock orchestra students are preparing this week under the direction of guest conductor Derek Cooper from Manhattan School of Music, New York, NY.  Students will work directly with Cooper during his chamber coaching sessions.  The ensemble will perform one of Cooper’s original compositions during the concert.

This is the first time Susquehannock students will be coached by Cooper.  “I have had the opportunity teaching college and high school students.  I learn by collaborating with the student ensembles I coach,” Cooper said.  He is currently finishing his doctorate of musical arts in classical music composition.

The performance is free and open to the community.  A good will offering will be collected